Europe Tour 2017
Once the trip is full, we encourage anyone still interested to join the Waiting List. If there are cancellations on the trip, we will fill those spots in order from the list of people on the Waiting List.
2017 EUROPE TOUR - 500 YEARS OF REFORMATION
May 16-29, 2017
North Coast Calvary Chapel is pleased to announce an amazing tour throughout Europe in honor of the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation. Our special travel program led by Mark & Jan Foreman will bring us to the most important Reformation historical sites while staying in some of the most breathtaking locations and hotels Europe has to offer!
Online registration will begin on Monday, August 1 at 8:00am. Space is limited and the trip will fill up quickly.
HIGHLIGHTS OF YOUR TOUR
* Visiting and touring many of the famous medieval German Castles
* Key German Reformation Cities including Heidelberg, Erfurt, and Wittenberg (Luther’s famous 95 Thesis)
* A day and night watchman tour of Rothenburg, Europe’s most well preserved medieval city
* Key cities of Berlin and Dresden of WWII fame
* Sightseeing and shopping in Prague (City of 100 spires and 30 bridges) and the “Musical City” of Vienna
* Four days exploring the Swiss alps including 2 nights in the famous 5 Star Palace Hotel on Lake Lucerne!
Where, When, What
TUES, MAY 16: DEPART SAN DIEGO
WEDS, MAY 17: FRANKFURT • RHINE VALLEY • WORMS • HEIDELBERG
Arrive Frankfurt AM
Rhine Valley – Boat Cruise
• Sankt Goar to Bingen
• Luther declared a heretic (Imperial Diet 1521) and William Tyndale
completed printing of English NT
• St Peters Cathedral –
• Reformation Memorial church of the Holy Trinity
Overnight – Heidelberg
Hotel Crown Plaza****
THURS, MAY 18: HEIDELBERG • ROTHENBERG
• Known for stronghold of German Reformed Protestants and the Heidelberg Catechism – confession statement in 1563
• Heidelberg Castle overlooking the Neckar River
• Monastery of St Michael
• University of Heidelberg – Germany’s oldest university
• All of Europe’s most well preserved medieval city on the “Romantic Road” with ramparts, towers, and cobblestoned streets…inspiration for many movies.
• Night Watchman Tour
• St Jacobs Church – Riemenschneider’s blood alter
• Rathaus town hall – tower
• Kriminal Museum
• Kathe’s Christmas store
Overnight – Rothenberg
(We are on waitlist)
FRI, MAY 19: ROTHENBERG • COBURG • ERFURT • EISENACH
• Fortress of Coburg – Veste – Luther’s imprisonment 1530
• Johann Sebastian Bach birthplace
• Wartburg Castle – Luther “house arrest” translated NT into German
• Known as Martin Luther’s Spiritual Home
• Luther attended the University here
• Entered the Augustinian Monastery – Luther Memorial
• Erfurt Cathedral – Ordained a priest here
Overnight – Erfurt
Hotel Raddison Blu****
SAT, MAY 20: EISENACH • LEIPZIG • WITTENBERG • BERLIN
• Known as Johann Sebastian Bach’s Town
• St. Thomas Church (Bach; choir master and organist)
• Altes Rathaus – St. Nicholas Church
• Castel Church (95 Theses, burial site of Luther) and City Church
• University and Luther House / Museum
Overnight – Berlin
Hotel Leonardo Royal Alexanderplatz****
SUN, MAY 21: BERLIN
Arrive Berlin in the AM, need to select most preferred sites to see:
• Brandenburg Gate
• Charlottenburg Palace
• Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
• Schoenburg City Hall
• Reichstag Buklding
• Unter den Linden
• Alexander Platz
• Berlin Wall
• Checkpoint Charlie
• Olympic Stadium
Overnight – Berlin
Hotel Leonardo Royal Alexanderplatz****
MON, MAY 22: BERLIN • DRESDEN • PRAGUE
• Old Town – The Zwinger, Opera House, and Frauenkirche
• Restored historical centre after WWII 1945 allied bombing
• Old Jewish Quarter – Cemetery and Museum
• Old Town Square
• Free time – Local Dinner!
Overnight – Prague
TUES, MAY 23: PRAGUE
• Hradcany Castle
• St. Vitus Cathedral
• Old Town Square – Astronomical clock Charles Bridge
• Free time – shopping!
Overnight – Prague
WEDS, MAY 24: PRAGUE • VIENNA
Drive to Austria (3.5 hours)
• Known as the “Musical City”
• St Stephen’ Cathedral
• City Hall
• Schonbrunn Palace
Overnight – Vienna
Hotel Savoyen Vienna****
THURS, MAY 25: VIENNA • ZURICH • LUCERNE
Vienna – Train to Zurich (Additional info on train)
• Scenic train ride through the Alps of Austria, Germany and Switzerland
Zurich Switzerland –
• Primary center for Protestant Reformation in 1519 under Zwingli
• Grossmunster Church – Famous Ghagall windows . Zwingli Pastor
• Guild Hall and Museum
• Drive through business and shopping areas
• Walk through Auld Stadt (Old Town)
Overnight – Lucerne
FRI, MAY 26: LUCERNE • INTERLAKEN • GRENDAWALD
• Breathtaking fjord-like lake cruise (prior early evening?)
• Walking Tour of Old Lucerne
• Chapel Bridge – Europes oldest covered bridge first built in 1333
• Octagonal Water Tower (Wasserturm), a fortification from the 13th century.
• Free time!
• Interlaken Abby – built 1133
• Aarmühle Village
• Commanding mountainscape with the Eiger north face and the Wetterhorn
Overnight – Lucerne
SAT, MAY 27: LUCERNE • LAUSANNE • MONTREUX
• Guillaume Farel brought the Reformation here in 1529
• The Cathedral of Notre Dame
• Lausanne I: International Congress on Work Evangelization 1975
• Lausanne II: July 1989 – Lausanne Covenant
• Place de la Palud
• Visit the ancient city – Castle St Maire and “escaliers du Marche”
• Olympic Museum – Home of the International Olympic Committee
• A picturesque town on Lake Geneva at the foot of the Alps
• Châtelard and Crêtes Castle
• Place du Marché – Main square of town
• The Grand Rue – Hotels, Restaurants and Shops
• Home of the annual Montreaux Jazz Festival (started 1967)
Overnight – Montreux
SUN, MAY 28: MONTREUX • GENEVA
• “Rome of the Protestants” John Calvin – Calvinism movement
• Guillaume Farel, John Knox all spent time here
• Home of the World Council of Churches – Ecumenical Movement
• Museum of the Reformation, Reformation Monument
• St. Peter’s Cathedral
• Calvin College and Auditorium
• Flower Clock & Gardens
• Drive downtown past United Nations, Red Cross and Financial District
MON, MAY 29: GENEVA • SAN DIEGO
Flight Numbers and Travel Times
Delta Flight 606: Depart San Diego 07:00, Arrive Detroit 14:27
Delta Flight 086: Depart Detroit 19:35, Arrive Frankfurt 09:45 on May 17, 2017
MONDAY, MAY 29, 2017
Air France Flight 1643: Depart Geneva 10:30, Arrive Paris 11:40
Air France Flight 006: Depart Paris 14:05, Arrive New York 16:20
Delta Flight 002: Depart New York 19:30, Arrive San Diego 22:43
Important: Please recheck flight times as airlines frequently changes times.
Where You’ll Be Staying
Heidelberg: Hotel Crown Plaza (4 stars)
Rothenberg: Hotel Rappen (3 stars) or Hotel Eisenut (4 stars) (we are currently on waiting list for Hotel Eisenut)
Erfurt: Hotel Raddison Blu (4 stars)
Berlin: Hotel Leonardo Royal Alexanderplatz (4 stars)
Prague: Hotel Paris (5 stars)
Vienna: Hotel Savoyen Vienna (4 stars)
Lucerne: Hotel Palace (5 stars)
Montreux: Hotel Eurotel (4 stars)
Geneva: Hotel Warwick (4 stars)
Learn about the basic requirements and agreements
- The estimated package price for this trip is $5,995.00 per person, double occupancy from San Diego.
- Land Only package is available for $4,795*
- Supplement for a single room – $1,373
*If you choose the “land only” option, you will be responsible for all costs incurred to get in sync with the group travel plans once overseas.
- Economy class airfare SAN/Frankfurt-Geneva/SAN
- Airport taxes & airline fuel surcharges of $700
- Gratuities to guide, driver, step on guide, restaurant staff.
- 12 overnights in double occupancy in 4 and 5 star hotels
- 12 buffet breakfasts
- 12 Dinner at hotels (3 course)
- Porterage in/out service at all hotels (1 suitcase)
- Transfers and tour with private coach
- Parking and highway fees Germany, Check-Republic, Austria and Switzerland
- II class train Ticket from Vienna to Zurich
- Local professional tour escort for all 13 days
- City tours with local English speaking guides in: Heidelberg, Rothenberg, Erfurt, Eisenach, Leipzig, Wittenberg, Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna, Zurich, Lucerne, Lausanne, Montreaux, and Geneva
- Package price does NOT include lunches, special drinks at meals, extras at hotels, extra tips, or any expense of a personal nature.
- Airline prices are subject to change due to new airline fuel surcharges and/or tax increase that may be changed up to the non-refundable airline ticketing date.
- Validity: Prices are based on airfares, tariffs and rates of exchange effective 7/11/16 (Euro 1 = USD 1.10).
- Roommates: If you need a roommate, we are usually able to provide one. A single supplement fee may be applied if you are among the last to register and we cannot provide one for you, so please register early.
Payment and Cancellation Details
- An initial trip deposit of $500 per person is due upon registration (Travel insurance is optional but requires full payment at time of registration).
- A second deposit of $2,500 per person is due by December 1, 2017.
- A third and final payment of $2,995 per person, or $1,795 for the Land Only Package, (plus $1,373 for single supplement, if applicable) is due by Mar 1, 2017.
Cancellations (Refunds & Penalties):
All cancellations must be in writing to Bob Mackenzie at NCCC. The following cancellation fees apply regardless of reason including medical and family matters:
Before Oct 31, 2016 $200 Administrative Fee
Nov 1 – Jan 31, 2017 $500 Cancelation Fee
Feb 1 – Feb 28, 2017 25% of total package
Mar 1 – Apr 1, 2017 50% of total package
On or after Apr 1, 2017 No Refunds
Travel Insurance (Optional - Please Read Details Carefully)
- Travel insurance is optional but highly recommended to protect yourself against any trip cancellation and loss of funds / penalty fees. If you choose not to purchase travel insurance, you are assuming the risk responsibility to be completely yours for non-refundable fees paid per the cancellation section below and will not hold NCCC responsible for any loss of funds.
- Travel insurance is non-refundable with payment due in full at time of registration.
- The following insurance options are available for purchase
|Trip Cancellation||Standard Tour
||+ Single Supp||Land Only||Land Only +Single Supp|
|Cost: $5,995.00||Cost: $7,368.00||Cost: $4,795.00||Cost: $6,168.00|
|Trip Basic — Trip Canc + Includes Pre-Ex Meds||0–100||$344.71||$423.66||$275.71||$354.66|
|Roundtrip Choice + Cancel for any Reason||0–34||$392.75||$506.60||$254.15||$425.75|
Travel Insurance covers non-refundable expenses if the trip is canceled due to travel restrictions covered by the plan purchased. Additional coverage options, such as cancellation coverage for any reason is available at an additional cost per the above.
Trip Insurance Summary: Please review the coverage and cost differences for the ‘Basic’ travel insurance package and the cancellation for any reason ‘Choice’ travel insurance package. International Medical Insurance upgrade will also be available for purchase a few months before we travel (14 day rate currently at $40.18).
More about the Trip ‘Basic’ Insurance Policy
More about the Roundtrip ‘Choice’ Insurance policy
More about the Increased Medical Insurance Option
Learn about the various insurance options
Trip 'Basic' Insurance Option
Click here to view coverage details on Trip ‘Basic’ Insurance Policy
Roundtrip 'Choice' Insurance Option
Increased Medical Insurance Option
NCCC will be offering a very low cost Increased Medical Insurance upgrade that is optional but highly recommended. (This will be available for purchase after initial registration.)
Click here to view coverage details on Increased Medical Insurance Option.
- Dan Anderson (Trip Coordinator) email@example.com
- for questions about itinerary, travel arrangements, insurance options, etc.
- Abby Wallace (Admin) firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.929.0029 x112
- for questions about online registration or online payments