Please be sure to read these volunteer instructions so you will know what to do at Harvest Party.
The Food Concessions booths will be set up with all food/drinks, change, and signs needed. We will be selling pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, salad, & cold beverages. You will be assigned a specific area to help when you arrive the night of the event. People can pay cash at any of our concession stands. Assigned adults at each area will be asked to be in charge of the money and the other helpers can work on getting the food/drinks to the customer and restocking supplies. If you have specific questions while you are serving, please ask the person at the food area wearing an orange “STAFF” T-shirt.
WHAT TO DO
|1||Please aim to arrive extra early to allow time for parking and checking in at your designated volunteer table.
|2||Check in directly at the Food Concession area. See the map and look at the blue boxes to find the location of your check in area. Highlight your name on the list and make yourself a nametag. Please be sure to make note of the location of the first aid station and the security teams for safety purposes.
|3||Now that you’ve arrived at the food area, introduce yourself to the person wearing the orange “STAFF” T-shirt. You will be placed at one of the stations depending on the need (Food, Cashier, Cold Drinks, etc.). Go to your station and familiarize yourself with your duties. Make sure you have everything you need and that you know what the prices are
|4||Activity Time: HAVE FUN!!
• Keep food & drinks stocked
• Keep area clean and organized
• Smile and be patient with customers
• Wipe down tables and chairs as needed
• Keep table area clean & organized
• Replace trash bags as needed
• Restock paper goods & condiments as necessary
|5||Shift change – Please wait until you have been replaced before you leave your post, and make sure the new person is familiar with your duties before you leave. Restock anything that needs to be restocked before you leave. Thank you, now go play! If your replacement does not arrive soon, please let the person in the orange “STAFF” T-shirt know. Thank you for helping make the Harvest Party a fun event for kids and their families!
CLEAN UP TIME:
If you are the last shift, please, please help us clean up!
- Throw away all trash
- Gather all left over food and paper products and take them to the Kitchen
- Any opened items (drinks/chips) can be disposed of
- Wipe down any tables used in your area
- Take down all signs and bring them to the exterior stairway of the Family Center that leads to the NCCC offices
- If you would like to stay later and help others break down booths and do more clean up, we would greatly appreciate your help! If not, you are free to go. Thank you for helping make the Harvest Party a fun event for kids and their families!