Please be sure to read these volunteer instructions for the area in which you will be helping so you will know what to do at Harvest Party.
Game booths will be set up with signs on them and your equipment in them.
WHAT TO DO
|1||Please aim to arrive extra early to allow time for parking and checking in at your designated volunteer table.
|2||Check in at your designated volunteer table, located near the Family Center. Highlight your name on the roster and make yourself a nametag. The map on the website shows the general location of each # game booth.
|3||Arrive at your Game Booth for the start of your shift. Some booths are inside and some are outside. Please be sure to make note of the location of the first aid station and the security teams for safety purposes.
• play with your equipment – check if it is all there
• work out a system to run the activity
• we will have 2 lines per booth – so designate 2 people to run the game and 2 people to hand out candy (1 per each line) *or if there are only 2 people at your booth, the same person can run the game and pass out candy
|5||Activity Time: HAVE FUN!!
• try to keep the line in order
• work out a system to trade off to give people a break
• you should have a bucket of candy, which will be refilled by candy runners during the event. The runners will come to you.
• if you need anything, look for a Harvest Party staff person who will be wearing an orange “STAFF” T-shirt
• each child gets 3 pieces of candy when they play (unless the candy runners say differently)
|6||Shift change – Please wait until you have been replaced before you leave your booth, and make sure the new people are familiar with how to perform the game. Thank you, now go play! If your replacement does not arrive soon, please let the person in the orange “STAFF” T-shirt know. Thank you for helping make the Harvest Party a fun event for kids and their families!
CLEAN UP TIME:
If you are the last shift, please, please help us clean up!
- Gather all directions, signs, and supplies for your game and put them in your bin. If you can’t find the bin for your game booth, please tell the staff person wearing the orange T-shirt. Take down the sign and fold over the taped edges so it won’t stick to itself. Put the sign in your bin, and carry supplies and candy buckets to the bottom of the exterior stairway of the Family Center that leads to the NCCC offices. That is our staging area for clean up. (Please keep game items together in the bin so we can store them together for next year!)
- If you want to stay later and help others break down the booths and do more clean up, we would greatly appreciate your help. If not, you are free to go. Thank you for helping make the Harvest Party a fun event for kids and their families!