Q: Has anything changed regarding church meeting indoors?
A: Yes, our 11am and 6pm main services have moved indoors. However, due to the need for social distancing and limited indoor space we are not meeting indoors just yet.
Q: Is there a Jr. High service on Sundays? A: Not yet. Because of the need to social distance and limited space we are currently only meeting on Wednesday nights.
What might change our on-campus ministry offerings:
– If health department guidance changes (sufficient vaccinations, herd immunity, no longer a need for social distancing)
– If kids refuse to socially distance
– If kids won’t keep their masks on
– If a case of community spread is traced back to our campus
Q: How can I follow what’s being taught?
A: Our teaching videos are always posted to our website by Sunday morning, as well as to YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook. If you don’t see them on one site, try another. We will also publish the small group questions, in case you want to talk through them with your family at home, or your son or daughter wants to reflect on them individually.
Take The Next Step
Week of April 11th
Discipleship Experience: DX
Discipleship Experience is for middle schoolers who want to go deeper – to Take the Next Step in their relationship with God.
Part 1 (DX-1) is a 40+ Day Challenge that you and a partner work through, to get into the habit of spending daily time with God.
For more information, VISIT THE DX page.
Week of April 4th Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK OF APRIL 4TH
Week of March 28th Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 28TH
The Four Betters
Week of March 21st Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 21ST
If you could ask the priest or Levite in that parable, “Why didn’t you stop and help?” what do you think they would say?
Do you think the priest and Levite who looked away from the man in need knew they were doing the wrong thing? Or did they think they hadn’t done anything wrong?
Is it easy for you to have pity on people who are in need? Explain.
Is there anyone you consider to be “less than” yourself? What is that based on?
Do you think God sees the differences in people? Why or why not?
Have you ever known anyone personally who was weak, impaired, sick, left out, homeless, slow, or troubled? How did knowing them change your heart toward others who had similar difficulties?
Week of March 14th Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 14TH
- If you could live anywhere in the world for a year where would it be?
- Why is it important to share your life with Jesus to others?
- Do you think you are too young to share God’s love? Why or why not?
- What are specific ways Jesus has changed your life?
- Have you ever had someone share their testimony to you?
If you are a follower of Jesus and would like to write out your testimony, here are 3 questions to help you get started. Remember, your story is worth sharing and can change lives!
1. What was your life like before you became a Christian?
2. Why did you decide to accept Christ as your Savior, and how did you do that? (Helpful hint: How did you hear about Christ? What did you hear about Christ? How did you respond?)
3. In what ways has your life changed since you made that decision, and what difference does Jesus continue to make in your life?
Week of March 7th Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 7TH
Week of February 28th Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 28TH
Can you think of something that used to be popular that isn’t anymore?
Why do you think the things that are popular don’t stay popular?
What does it take to be popular as a person? Will those things still matter among people your age in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? Why or why not?
Mark said that you were created “in the Image of God”. Is that a thought that makes you go, “Cool!” or “Sounds like a lot of pressure”? And why?
What advice would you give to a friend who was trying to become popular?
Week of February 21st Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 21ST
In 2 Corinthians 12 Paul talks about “boasting in my weakness” what does this mean and why is it important when it comes to loving God, others and ourselves?
Is it easy or hard for you to open up and talk about your weaknesses?
What weaknesses do you have that have prevented you from believing God can use you?
Why is it a good thing to admit your weakness? Do you feel free when you come to a place of needing God’s strength?
How does it make you feel knowing God wants to use you in the midst of your imperfections?
Are you allowing yourself the freedom to be yourself instead of striving to be someone you are not?
Week of February 14th Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 14TH
What stood out to you from the message?
Do you find it easier or harder to love yourself? Explain.
Why do you think we aren’t always the best at loving ourselves?
Do you ever catch yourself being more prideful than loving yourself? Explain.
What are some ways that you can start loving yourself better today?
Week of February 7th Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 7TH
What stood out to you most from this message?
What’s something your mom or dad taught you to do by physically holding your hands or body?
In the moment you’re tempted to mistreat someone you don’t like, where is God? What do you imagine he’s doing?
Mark said that, “Christianity is not a TRY HARDER religion, it’s a GOD, DO IT FOR ME religion.” What are some hard things you know God is wanting you to do, but you don’t really want to?
How do you feel about the idea of God’s Spirit LIVING INSIDE of you? Is that a weird thought? A helpful thought? A comforting thought? Do you believe you have God’s Spirit? Why or why not?
Before today, did you think of God being like a gas station – where we get “full” of him and then drive away? How has your understanding changed?
Week of January 31st Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR WEEK OF JANUARY 31ST
Week of January 24th Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR WEEK OF JANUARY 24TH
Week of January 17th Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR WEEK OF JANUARY 17TH
Week of January 10th Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR WEEK OF JANUARY 10TH
Week of January 3rd Message
SMALL GROUP/DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR WEEK OF JANUARY 3RD
Our Recommended Devotionals for Middle Schoolers:
(All recommended books reviewed by our leaders)
ELEVATE exists to help 7th & 8th graders Take the Next Step in their relationship with God.
We meet for weekend services on Saturday nights, and during Sunday morning services. BreakPoint, our midweek gathering, happens Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 pm. In addition, we schedule camps, trips, outreach projects, and other special events throughout the year.
Sign up for text updates by texting 78update to the number 84576, and join our e-mail list (link below).
Our ministry is shaped by some core convictions:
- God has given everyone the capacity to know him and respond to him in faith, regardless of their age.
- We need to be innovative. Studies have shown that most kids who go to church will walk away from their faith as young adults. We can’t just do the same old thing and expect different results.
- Parenting an early adolescent is a different beast. We want to support parents in meeting this challenge, through classes, seminars, and parent networking.
- One of the biggest needs of early adolescents is the presence of caring adults in their lives.
- 7th & 8th grade kids need chances to discover and develop their gifts, and opportunities to do ministry out in the world.
Be a Leader
We are always looking for amazing leaders to join our team!
If you are interested in being a volunteer leader with us, check out the requirements below.
- Must be a committed, growing Christian.
- Must be graduated from High School.
- Must understand what Middle School kids need from a leader – not someone to tell them what to do, but someone who can be a supportive resource and a listening ear.
- Must complete our application, interview (we want to get to know you first!), and background check. Email us below and we will get the application to you!