Elevate 787th-8th Grade Ministry
Elevate 787th-8th Grade Ministry
Elevate 78SUNDAYS | 9 AM | 11 AM | WEDNESDAYS (see schedule)
ELEVATE exists to help 7th & 8th graders Take the Next Step in their relationship with God.
We meet for weekend services at 9 am and 11am on Sunday morning. Midweek gathering happens Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 pm. In addition, we schedule camps, trips, outreach projects, and other special events throughout the year.
Our ministry is shaped by some core convictions:
- God has given everyone the capacity to know him and respond to him in faith, regardless of their age.
- We need to be innovative. Studies have shown that most kids who go to church will walk away from their faith as young adults. We can’t just do the same old thing and expect different results.
- Parenting an early adolescent is a different beast. We want to support parents in meeting this challenge, through classes, seminars, and parent networking.
- One of the biggest needs of early adolescents is the presence of caring adults in their lives.
- 7th & 8th grade kids need chances to discover and develop their gifts, and opportunities to do ministry out in the world.
DX – Discipleship Experience
DX-1 is a self-paced, partner-based discipleship plan, meant to train you at getting REALLY good at spending time with God. In the first stage, you and a partner work your way through some introductory units: Heart, Influences, Relationships, God, the Cross, Time, and Will. In the second stage, you and your partner will work through the challenge of spending time with God for 40 days, using readings from a resource called Awesome God. Once a week you will meet together with a discipleship coach (you can pick this person when you sign up, or we can assign someone to you) to talk about how it’s going.
Serve With Us
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR AMAZING LEADERS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
If you are interested in being a volunteer leader with us, check out the requirements below.
- Must be a committed, growing Christian.
- Must be graduated from High School.
- Must understand what Middle School kids need from a leader – not someone to tell them what to do, but someone who can be a supportive resource and a listening ear.
- Must complete our application, interview (we want to get to know you first!), and background check. Email us below and we will get the application to you!
Here’s a list of devotional resources for your 7th or 8th grader! Click the link below for our suggestions!
Small Groups are back!
Come play games and connect with other Jr Highers as we discuss the Bible and dive deeper into what it means to take the next step in your faith.
Join us for Winter Camp 2022 at Pine Summit Camp in Big Bear!
Come and encounter Jesus up in the mountains and hopefully you’ll encounter some snow as well. Your student will be immersed in tons of activities like, tubing, soccer, human foosball, indoor basketball, BB gun shooting, and much more!
Follow this link to see more about the camp
Cost is $220
Sign up quick because spots are limited.
The Elevate Team
Your student is invited to participate in a poster contest! Use the sheet we sent home or your own 8.5×11 or 9×12 to create their own picture illustrating the verse JAMES 4:17. Make sure you put your name and grade on the back! Must be original artwork, no downloaded images.
Posters are due no later than
Sunday OCT 24th!
1st – $30 Chick-fil-A gift card
2nd – $20 Chick-fil-a gift card
3rd – $10 Chick-fil-a gift card
THREE WINNERS PER GRADE!