The purpose of Elevate 78 is to help 7th & 8th graders “take the next step” in their relationship with God, whatever that might be.
Jr High meets separately from the adult service during the 9 am & 11 am services. Our time together includes teaching, worship, and small groups. We also work to teaches kids practices for encountering God even apart from a church service.
Wed, July 21
Movie Night on campus, 7:30 pm. Free w/snacks. Bring a blanket or low-backed chair.
Wed, July 28 – Padres Day Game
Day @ the Padres vs. A’s. Leave on the 11:18 am Coaster Train from the Carlsbad Poinsettia Station. We will pre-purchase your train ticket, but don’t miss the train! We’ll arrive at 12:14 at the Santa Fe Depot and walk to Petco Park (about 20 mins). Game is at 1:10 pm.
After the game, we will walk back to the Depot to take the train home. Arrival time back in Carlsbad will depend on when the game ends.
Price does not include food at the game.
Wed, Aug 4
Elevate Day at the YMCA Aquatic Park. This popular event will sell out! So register now. $15 for fun at the YMCA’s Lagoon site, located near Tamarck & I-5 in Carlsbad. 2:30-6 pm. Links to waivers below.
August 9-13 – Summer Camp
At Pine Valley Bible Conference Center. Same location as our 4th-6th graders, but different area of camp. $350. Click here for more camp info.
Wed, Aug 18 – End-of-Summer Party
5-8 pm. At a home on the Carlsbad Lagoon. Food & fun provided. Drop off and pick up at 4513 Cove Dr, Carlsbad.
Wed, Aug 25 – School Year Kick-off
On campus, as we kick off our school year midweek program. 6:30-8 pm.
Our Recommended Devotionals for Middle Schoolers:
(All recommended books reviewed by our leaders)
ELEVATE exists to help 7th & 8th graders Take the Next Step in their relationship with God.
We meet for weekend services on Saturday nights, and during Sunday morning services. BreakPoint, our midweek gathering, happens Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 pm. In addition, we schedule camps, trips, outreach projects, and other special events throughout the year.
Sign up for text updates by texting 78update to the number 84576, and join our e-mail list (link below).
Our ministry is shaped by some core convictions:
- God has given everyone the capacity to know him and respond to him in faith, regardless of their age.
- We need to be innovative. Studies have shown that most kids who go to church will walk away from their faith as young adults. We can’t just do the same old thing and expect different results.
- Parenting an early adolescent is a different beast. We want to support parents in meeting this challenge, through classes, seminars, and parent networking.
- One of the biggest needs of early adolescents is the presence of caring adults in their lives.
- 7th & 8th grade kids need chances to discover and develop their gifts, and opportunities to do ministry out in the world.
Be a Leader
We are always looking for amazing leaders to join our team!
If you are interested in being a volunteer leader with us, check out the requirements below.
- Must be a committed, growing Christian.
- Must be graduated from High School.
- Must understand what Middle School kids need from a leader – not someone to tell them what to do, but someone who can be a supportive resource and a listening ear.
- Must complete our application, interview (we want to get to know you first!), and background check. Email us below and we will get the application to you!