Please be sure to read these volunteer instructions so you will know what to do at Harvest Party.
Rides will be inflated and ready to go. You will be helping with the lines and making sure things go smoothly at the ride. Help kids take turns, monitor the line, and give candy to each child at the end of the ride.
WHAT TO DO
|1||Please aim to arrive extra early to allow time for parking and checking in at your designated volunteer table.
|2||Check in at your designated volunteer table, located near the Family Center. Highlight your name on the roster and make yourself a nametag. The map on the website shows the general location of each ride (indicated by letter).
|3||Arrive at your inflatable ride that will already be blown up and ready to go. Some rides are inside and some are outside. Location changes will be finalized the day of the event so please be flexible if your help is needed at a different area. Be sure to make note of the location of the first aid station and the security teams for safety purposes.
• get directions from the Harvest Party staff person wearing an orange “STAFF” shirt or from the rental equipment staff (they will be wearing red “STAFF” shirts)
• work out a system to run the activity safely and smoothly
• form one line and make sure that kids and parents understand where to line up
• count kids off one or a few at a time, depending on your ride
|5||Activity Time: HAVE FUN!!
• try to keep the line in order and things running safely and smoothly
• please keep in mind that the line needs to keep moving at a good pace
• each child gets 3 pieces of candy when they exit the ride (unless the candy runners say differently)
• you should have a bucket of candy, which will be refilled by candy runners during the event. The runners will come to you.
• if you need anything, look for a Harvest Party staff person who will be wearing an orange “STAFF” T-shirt
|6||Shift change – Rides cannot be left unattended. Please wait until you have been replaced before you leave your ride, and make sure the new people are familiar with how to manage your ride. Thank you, now go play! If your replacement does not arrive soon, please let the person in the orange “STAFF” T-shirt know. Thank you for helping make the Harvest Party a fun event for kids and their families!|
CLEAN UP TIME:
If you are the last shift, please help the rental equipment staff by letting the kids know that the rides are being taken down now. A few minutes before 8:30pm, pick a child at the end of the line and say “You are the last one…No more kids in line after you.” Be sure all children are safely off the ride before it is deflated.
Once the ride is going down, please, please help us clean up!
- Gather the stake marking the start of your line, the cones and candy buckets and bring everything to the bottom of the exterior stairway of the Family Center that leads to the NCCC offices. That is our staging area for clean up.
- If you want to stay later and help others break down the booths and do more clean up, we would greatly appreciate your help. If not, you are free to go. Thank you for helping make the Harvest Party a fun event for kids and their families!