Hey Surge Campers and Family Members,
We are looking forward to a great week with you at camp, August 8-12! Here are a few instructions to prepare you.
1. WAIVERS: You can complete the TWO camp waivers now! The NCCC online camp waiver is here. The Pine Valley Bible Conference Center Waiver is here. This waiver needs to be printed and brought to check-in on the day of the event. We will also have extra copies available that day. If you will be sending your child with someone else at check in, please send it signed with the person dropping off your child.
2. ARRIVAL TIME: Please arrive at North Coast Calvary Chapel at 8:15 am on Monday August 8. We will be departing NCCC at 9 am. The bus ride will take approximately an hour and a half. Please eat breakfast before coming to the church.
3. MEDICATIONS: Please bring all medications (both over the counter and prescription) to check-in, labeled in an individual ziplock bag with the child’s name. All prescriptions must be current (not expired) and have dosing information printed on the original prescription label.
4. DIETARY NEEDS: If your child has special dietary needs, please fill out this online form and the camp kitchen staff will be in touch with you.
5. PACKING LIST:
What to Pack
- Clothes for five days. Daytime highs are around 90 and lows are in the 60s. It’s a good idea to have an extra outfit or two. Pack mainly play clothes/athletic wear.
- One t-shirt & shorts you don’t mind getting messy. We will be doing Dye Wars on Thursday, and although the dye is washable, you won’t have the chance to launder these items until you get home.
- Make sure to include a pair of closed-toed shoes.At all times, modest clothing is requested, including swimsuits. A dark t-shirt must be worn over two-piece swimsuits at all times.
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothbrush/toothpaste, deodorant, and any other toiletry needs)
- Sleeping bag & Pillow or twin bedding with blanket (put them in a trash bag & label with duct tape and your name). Kids will sleep in bunk beds.
- Bible & pen (we will have some extra Bibles if you don’t own one)
- Towel for swimming/showering
- Sweatshirt for the evenings
- Extra pairs of socks
- At least one pair of closed-toed shoes, in addition to flip flops.
- Swimsuits (girls need to wear either a one-piece, tankini, or a t-shirt while swimming)
- Any spending money desired for snacks, etc. Three meals a day are included in camp cost. There is a coffee shop open in the afternoons, with prices comparable to Starbucks. There is also a gift shop that sells ice cream, candy, fountain soda, t-shirts, etc., and a grill near that is open in the afternoons.
- Medications in their original container showing dosing instructions
- Chap stick
- Water bottle (kids can fill up at the drink stations at meal time)
- Extra trash bags for dirty clothes and to pack sleeping bag/pillow on the way home
What NOT to bring:
- drugs (unless prescribed by a doctor and given to the Nurse)
- Electronic devices. This includes handheld video games, music players, and phones. We will post during the week to social media (@Surge456 on Instagram & Facebook) so you can see what’s going on. If your son or daughter wants to take additional pictures, send a disposable camera.
6. CARE PACKAGES: If you would like to send a care package to a camper during camp, you can mail it to:
c/o Pine Valley Bible Conference Center
P.O. Box 400
Pine Valley, CA 91962
Anything mailed after Tuesday likely won’t make it to us before we get home.
7. CONTACTING CAMPERS: Camp is meant to be a time where kids can be screen-free and engaged in play and building relationships with other campers and leaders. For this reason, we do not allow kids to bring cell phones to camp. Phones are a distraction and we cannot possibly monitor their use. If you have a family emergency, please call the camp at 619-473-8879 and they will get a message to us.
8. SICK POLICY: Again this year, we are offering a 100% refund for campers who need to back out of camp due to illness, up to the day of camp. We are not requiring proof of a negative Covid test to come to camp, but please be honest and do the right thing if your child has been exposed to someone with Covid (and certainly if they test positive and have not been cleared to participate!). There’s always next year!
If your child tests positive for Covid while at camp, you will need to come and pick them up. Pine Valley does not have the space or ability to isolate sick campers for extended periods of time.
9. ARRIVAL HOME: We are departing the camp at 11 am and expect to arrive at NCCC around 12:30 PM. You can call 760-579-4165 after 11 am for an updated ETA.
10. SOCIAL MEDIA: We know parents are really excited to see what is happening at camp too! Our Surge Team of Staff and Volunteers will post photos and videos throughout the week and will share some of these photos to our social media pages. Be patient with us! Monday is a very busy day at camp getting everything going, but we will post when we get time. Follow us on Instagram @Surge456 and on Facebook @Surge456 for updates throughout the week!
DAYS UNTIL CAMP
What’s camp like?
Pine Valley Camp is an awesome place for 4th, 5th and 6th graders! There’s lots to do outdoors, from swimming to zipline to dirt scooters to laser tag, hikes, campfires, water relays, archery, arts & crafts, and more. We meet for devotional sessions in the morning as well as a night program with music and a message each evening. Kids are housed in cabins with 8-9 other campers. Your son or daughter will come home with lots of stories to tell and good memories.
What’s the cost?
Camp cost of $380 includes lodging, meals, and bus transportation. $190 non-refundable deposit required to hold your spot. (see sign up info below)
When do they go?
Departure from Church: Monday August 8, 9 AM – Meet at NCCC to get on the bus. It is important that you are on time. Please eat breakfast before coming to the church. We will eat lunch after we arrive to the camp. We expect to arrive at the camp mid morning. Arrival Home: Friday August 12, around 12:30 PM.
Who are the counselors?
NCCC’s 4th-6th grade ministry will provide counselors to go to camp with our kids. Many of these awesome counselors are the same leaders your child sees in the 4th-6th class during weekend services. Kids are well supervised by counselors that NCCC knows and trusts. All counselors must pass a background check.
Can my child request their roommates?
Yes! We will always do everything we can to honor roommate requests. If we cannot arrange your requested roommate, we will reach out and let you know.
Is my child ready for camp?
In most cases, YES! Camp is a stretching experience, and you will be amazed by how your child can grow from it. If it’s your son or daughter’s first time away, please let us know so we can keep an eye out and shed some extra TLC on them.
How do I sign up?
REGISTER HERE. A $190 deposit is due with your registration (refundable only if there is someone else waiting to fill the spot).