ElevateThe 7th-8th Grade Ministry
ElevateThe 7th-8th Grade Ministry
The Elevate MinistrySUNDAYS | 9 AM | 11 AM |
ELEVATE exists to help 7th & 8th graders Take the Next Step in their relationship with God.
We meet for weekend services at 9 am and 11am on Sunday morning. Midweek gathering, happens Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 pm. In addition, we schedule camps, trips, outreach projects, and other special events throughout the year.
Sign up for updates by joining our e-mail list (link below).
Our ministry is shaped by some core convictions:
- God has given everyone the capacity to know him and respond to him in faith, regardless of their age.
- We need to be innovative. Studies have shown that most kids who go to church will walk away from their faith as young adults. We can’t just do the same old thing and expect different results.
- Parenting an early adolescent is a different beast. We want to support parents in meeting this challenge, through classes, seminars, and parent networking.
- One of the biggest needs of early adolescents is the presence of caring adults in their lives.
- 7th & 8th grade kids need chances to discover and develop their gifts, and opportunities to do ministry out in the world.
DX – Discipleship Experience
DX-1 is a self-paced, partner-based discipleship plan, meant to train you at getting REALLY good at spending time with God. In the first stage, you and a partner work your way through some introductory units: Heart, Influences, Relationships, God, the Cross, Time, and Will. In the second stage, you and your partner will work through the challenge of spending time with God for 40 days, using readings from a resource called Awesome God. Once a week you will meet together with a discipleship coach (you can pick this person when you sign up, or we can assign someone to you) to talk about how it’s going.
Serve With Us
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR AMAZING LEADERS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
If you are interested in being a volunteer leader with us, check out the requirements below.
- Must be a committed, growing Christian.
- Must be graduated from High School.
- Must understand what Middle School kids need from a leader – not someone to tell them what to do, but someone who can be a supportive resource and a listening ear.
- Must complete our application, interview (we want to get to know you first!), and background check. Email us below and we will get the application to you!
We have curated an epic list of parent-approved devotional resources for your Junior High child! Click the link below for our suggestions!
The Elevate Team
Paintball Turkey Shoot
$55 REGISTRATION INCLUDES ADMISSION, GUN, MASK, HOPPER, ALL DAY AIR, 500 PAINTBALLS
IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN GEAR, YOU CAN PAY $30 FOR ADMISSION AND ALL DAY AIR
EXTRA PAINTBALLS AVAILABLE AT PARK. $20 FOR 500 OR $50 FOR 2000.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PACK YOUR OWN LUNCH/DRINKS, LIMITED SNACKS AVAILABLE ON BASE
WE WILL MEET AT THE 78 PARK AND RIDE, LOCATED AT 1330 VISTA WAY #1300, OCEANSIDE, CA 92054 AT 8:00AM PICKUP WILL BE SAME LOCATION AT 5:15PM
WE NEED HELP CARPOOLING, LET US KNOW IF INTERESTED IN DRIVING! IF YOU ARE MILITARY WE NEED YOUR SPONSORSHIP TO GET ON BASE!
DADS + BROTHERS WELCOME!
Come join us for a fun filled evening! NO SIGN UP OR COST.
Friendsgiving will be a night of competition where small groups compete for one big prize.
The first way to earn points for your team is by bringing a snack(s) to share with everyone (Ex: Rice Krispies, chips, pretzels, candy) really any junk/snack food that your student enjoys and wants to share with everyone. Think of it as a potluck but with snacks. Each snack brought = 1 point.
Next, students will compete in a photo scavenger hunt as a team. Each team will earn points for every successful photo they take.
Finally, we will cap off the night with a pie eating contest to decide the winner.
Chistmas Movie Night
Come get in the Christmas mood with us while we watch Home Alone, eat popcorn, and sip hot chocolate from our hot chocolate bar.
Doors open at 6pm and pick up is at 8pm
No cost or sign up required
Your student is invited to participate in a poster contest! Use the sheet we sent home or your own 8.5×11 or 9×12 to create their own picture illustrating the verse JAMES 4:17. Make sure you put your name and grade on the back! Must be original artwork, no downloaded images.
Posters are due no later than
Sunday OCT 24th!
1st – $30 Chick-fil-A gift card
2nd – $20 Chick-fil-a gift card
3rd – $10 Chick-fil-a gift card
THREE WINNERS PER GRADE!