The countdown is on to Surge Winter Camp at Indian Hills!
IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY:
LIABILITY WAIVER: All campers need to have a parent/guardian fill out our church’s liability waiver. This will help us serve your camper best, as well as contact you during camp should an emergency arise. https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/puc6izer6jjuxyahzpzpz8/web/
BALANCE DUE: If you only paid your deposit at registration, balances are due now. Please pay at this link: https://nccc.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/331/responses/new
SATURDAY REC OPTIONS: There are some additional rec options that are a separate charge. These must be registered & paid for BY THIS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8: https://nccc.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/314/responses/new
1. WE DO STILL HAVE SPACE AT CAMP. If you have a friend who wants to go, have them sign up asap!
2. DEPARTURE: Friday, February 10, we will meet at the church to check in at 2:30 pm. Please come on time. We want to leave by 3:00.
We will return to church on Sunday, Feb 12, between 12-12:30 pm.
3. WEATHER & PACKING LIST: Camp is in Jamul, east of San Diego. High on Friday is 76; low of 47. Saturday – 62, low of 44. Sunday – only 55, chance of rain. SO…please bring clothes for warm weather as well as cool. We will be playing outside a good deal, even after sundown.
We are staying in cabins with heaters.
What to Bring:
- Clothes for the weekend.
- Sleeping bag & Pillow (put them in a trash bag & label with your name)
- Bible & pen (we will have some extra Bibles if you don’t own one)
- Sweatshirt/warm jacket for the evenings
- Extra pairs of socks
- At least one pair of closed-toed shoes.
- Any spending money desired for snacks, etc. Three meals a day are included in camp cost. **The camp has a general store with candy, drinks, other snacks, and some other items like t-shirts, gems, etc. Items are moderately priced ($1.50 per candy bar).
- Medications in their original container. These will be turned in at check-in and administered by the nurse.
- Chap stick
- Water bottle
- Extra trash bags for dirty clothes and to pack sleeping bag/pillow on the way home
What NOT to Bring
- drugs (unless prescribed by a doctor)
- Firearms (seriously)
- Electronic devices. This includes phones, handheld video games, music players, and phones. No exceptions.
4. IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES: you can contact the camp at 619-669-6498 and they will get a message to our group. Otherwise, you can trust that your son or daughter is having a great time and you will hear lots of stories once they get home!
5. FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @Surge456. We will post pictures from the weekend there as we are able.